I was going to write a nice descriptive post about the process of making dandelion wine, and maybe I will. But this weekend was so chock-full of busy-ness and activity that I can’t pull my mind together. I think I can manage a list, though. 🙂 Thank you for your indulgence.
- Weez was home all weekend, which was lovely. Three whole days together, working on the homestead.
- Got over myself and bought started veggie plants from the organic guy at the farmer’s market–tomatoes, basil, dill, lavender, cucumbers, sage.
- We planted potatoes and tomatoes in the driveway, which involved lots of shoveling dirt.
- We put together all the ingredients for this year’s dandelion wine. Hoping the magic will transform the smelly sludge into a potent elixir like it did last year!
- Bottled the Scottish 80 shilling ale from Northern Brewer. Can’t wait to try it out!
- Made huge progress on my Rose Garden Shawl from Jane Austen Knits 2012. Yay, lace knitting! (Or knitting lace, can never keep the two straight. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, count yourself lucky.)
- Weez constructed what I’m calling a chicken patio, putting down tiles along the front side of the coop. Pictures forthcoming.
- Enjoyed life enormously, used my muscles, sweated, lifted, planted, measured, tended, and loved.
I am so grateful for these days. This was our traditional “plant the garden” weekend here in the Berkshires, and it was a marvelous several days in our journey forward through the wheel of the year. I hope your weekend was equally satisfying. Blessings.